Welcome to the Unitarian Universalist Leadership Institute!
Leadership Development Series
Effective Leadership Development teams focus on recruiting and relationship building. By using our suite of four leadership development courses, shown above, you can spend less time on content and more on connection.
All of our courses have discussion questions for each module that you can use for in-person sessions. They also have a couple of live web sessions with course instructors.
We’ve designed the suite of courses so that they touch on some of the same topics with more depth and complexity as you move from 001 to 101 to 301. We encourage you to integrate potential and newer leaders taking Centered Leadership Parts 1 & 2 with experienced leaders taking Strategic and Adaptive Leadership. We provide Leadership Development materials (activities, case studies) so that you can self-organize your congregation (or cluster) for an in-person workshop where you can learn from one another, no matter which level course you are taking!
Course materials are divided into bi-weekly modules, available “on demand” as prerecorded presentations with additional reading materials, discussion questions and other resources. Course participants receive an email reminder as each module opens. Course instructors also schedule live calls during the semester (discussion sessions, office hours, etc.).
We also offer additional courses on various topics by guest instructors. These instructors monitor the discussion sections and offer live web sessions.
We occasionally have independent, professional consultants offer courses that are useful to congregational leaders and not available from UUA staff. These courses are priced accordingly.
Older courses are still available on-demand for a reduced price. The course discussion sections are not monitored, and there are no live sessions.
Ready to get started?
Have everyone register to create a user account (free), then enroll in one or more of the courses by clicking on the “take this course” button ($30 fee for scheduled courses, $15 for on demand courses) on the course page. (See our Tutorial page for more details.)
Spring 2018 Semester:
- Registration opens December 1, 2017
- Courses begin January 26, 2018
- Enrollment open until March 30, 2018
- Semester ends May, 2018 (Course materials will continue to be available for at least a year.)
Summer 2018 Semester:
- Registration opens May 2, 2018
- Courses begin June 1, 2018
- Enrollment open until July 31, 2018
- Semester ends August, 2018 (Course materials will continue to be available for at least a year.)
Fall 2018 Semester:
- Registration opens July 1, 2018
- Courses begin August 31, 2018
- Enrollment open until October 31, 2018
- Semester ends December, 2018 (Course materials will continue to be available for at least a year.)