Access the course materials from your computer, a smart phone or a public library! You can even learn in your Pajamas!
The courses are deep — consisting of 8 modules. Every couple of weeks, enrolled participants will have access to a new module that will consist of:
- a recorded 40-minute web-based video presentation (led by the instructor)
- an article plus other readings (such as book chapters or links to other articles)
- other relevant resources (such as supporting videos)
- a quiz
- (there is also an opportunity for a live web/phone call discussion or “process circle” with the instructor and other participants)
- We encourage you to form a local “community of practice” with others in your congregation or geographic cluster. We will help connect you and will supply you with study/discussion materials and activities.
Please View These Short Tutorials
1. Registering for the site and Enrolling in a course
2. Taking a Course
To participate successfully in this course you will need:
•To be a part of a congregational team (4 or more people to earn a badge).
•A computer with a reliable Internet connection (able to play YouTube® videos), preferably (but not necessarily) with a built-in or attached video camera
•An audio headset is strongly recommended for best audio connection during live calls, and is essential when you are using VoIP (Skype)
•2-3 hours a week to devote to coursework
•Successful completion of quizzes
•$30 online course fee
•Willingness to use technology and learn how if you are not yet familiar with it
•Comfort with peer-learning