The UU Leadership Institute continually reviews and expands its training offerings to better serve the needs of participants and congregations. We are currently seeking proposals on the following topics. Please note that this list is updated frequently and that it is not comprehensive.
- The One-Room Schoolhouse: Models of Faith Development That Span Ages 5-12
Are you interested in offering a training as part of the UU Leadership Institute?
Step 1: Understand the ethos of the UU Leadership Institute.
- Look through the website (especially the History, Values, Mission and Vision pages under FAQ) and take a sample training.
- Read the participant covenant.
- Listen to the UU Perspective Podcast by Dean Renee Ruchotzke
Step 2: Submit a Query
(Please note: If you have been invited to submit a proposal by the Dean, you may skip this step.)
Before submitting a full proposal for a topic not listed above, please submit a query. A query is a way to gauge interest in a training before submitting a full proposal. A query should be 1-3 pages long and include the following:
- Description of the proposed training
- To whom the training would be directed
- Goals (This training will…..)
- Learning objectives (Participants will….)
The instructor’s qualifications
- Explanation of why the proposed training is appropriate for the online format of the UU Leadership Institute
- Send query to firstname.lastname@example.org
Important: You must either be responding to our request for proposals on topics listed above OR have already had your initial query reviewed and approved
Step 3: Submit a Proposal
A proposal should include:
- A cover letter that summarizes the training, describes the instructor’s qualifications, and explains why the proposed training is appropriate for the online format of the UU Leadership Institute
- A draft syllabus with the training title, titles for the six modules with brief descriptions, goals, learning objectives and bibliography for each module. Each of the six modules should include:
- 20-40 minutes of recorded presentation
- Curated readings (book chapters or articles)
- Additional videos
- Optional resources
- A description (or, preferably, a link to a sample video presentation) of ways that you make your recorded online presentations engaging.
- Names and emails of three references who can speak to your presentation/teaching skills
If you are submitting a proposal, you must either be responding to one of our request for proposals on topics listed above OR have already had your initial query reviewed and approved.
All submissions must be sent electronically to email@example.com, with all of the required elements in one document.
Thank you! Your creativity and leadership ensure that the UU Leadership Institute remains strong and vital!