- Understand how congregational leadership differs from leadership in corporations or non-religious non-profit organizations.
- Imagine paths to leadership in your congregation as part of a larger plan of faith formation
- Encourage a culture that nurtures new leaders that include youth, young adults and people of color
- Develop a community of learning and reflection that appreciates new ideas and is patient with the small failures that come with innovation
- Advance your seasoned leaders into new roles where they nurture new leaders
- Develop a three year plan to help guide your congregation through this transformation
This is a short, sample course that does not have quizzes, live sessions or an in-person component. There is no charge for this course, but you must be a registered participant on the UU Leadership Institute website.
Rev. Renee Ruchotzke, UUA Congregational Life Staff